Sunday, December 8, 2013

Final Multimedia Project! :(



For this semester’s final project, I decided to blend it together with another final project of mine. For my photography class, we had to pick one subject and explain it in 5 pictures. I decided it would be rather interesting to represent each burrow in a picture. I came up with an idea that would be just as, if not more interesting for my final project for my multimedia communications class. For this class, I am recording myself (with the assistance of some friends) in each borough, taking pictures and showing the venue of where I will be going to take that picture. And, of course, some subway entertainment along the way.

Queens was the first stop of course, because it’s the easiest. Finding something to photograph in Queens was probably the most difficult for me, because when I think of Queens, nothing pops into my head. When I walked off campus it hit me – all that I associate with this borough is public transportation. I saw the Q46 bus stop, and as simple and odd as it seems, that’s what Queens is to me.




Next was the Bronx. The name itself intimidated me – because all of my friends made it sound like it was the scariest place on Earth. Luckily the train went right to Yankee Stadium, which was my idea for that borough. The area was filled with harmless middle-aged tourists on a double decker bus, so it was nowhere as scary as it seemed.





Following that was Brooklyn. Although I didn’t physically enter the borough itself for the picture, I went to downtown Manhattan to a place called Seaport and had an amazing view of the sunset just over the Brooklyn Bridge. Although my inner tourist was coming out a little bit – flooding my instagram feed with panoramas of the bridge – all worries and second thoughts about moving so far away from home faded. I felt truly blessed to have such an amazing opportunity just a train ride away from me.



Times Square. What better way to represent the island of Manhattan? I had to go at night to capture the full effect of how beautiful that spot really was. It was difficult to do, since it is such a large, crowded place, but in the end I’m pretty proud of how it turned out.






Believe it or not, Staten Island was the easiest idea to come up with – but the longest to travel to. Taking two trains to the last stop was physically draining, but such an experience. When taking the Staten Island Ferry across the river, there is a view of the skyline that is totally unforgettable. This was, hands down, one of my favorite boroughs to shoot. That being said, this is a project that I am proud of and couldn’t be happier that I chose to do it. I’ll remember it for the rest of my life.

A summary of my trip can be seen below. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment